News and Developments
It’s an exciting time in the Iowa City area, as we gear up for new developments in lodging, dining, shopping, and attractions. See below for a look ahead of what’s is new and coming to the area.
- Hilton Garden Inn: Enjoy the views of downtown Iowa City from the rooftop bar of this 12-story property. Complete with 143 rooms and 3,000 square feet of banquet space, the Hilton Garden Inn opened October 2017.
- Springhill Suites: Expect the unexpected at the Springhill Suites by Marriott. Conveniently located near Coral Ridge Mall, this property features 102 rooms with meeting space for up to 15 people and a full service bar.
- Home2: The first of its kind in the state, this new extended-stay Hilton hotel will feature stylish suites with work space, HDTV, sleep sofa and a fully-equipped kitchen.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites: Opened since spring 2017, the Fairfield in has 100 rooms and suites with 300 square feet of meeting space.
- Coralville Arena: A new 6,200 seat arena and athlete training center is a significant project in Coralville's plan for a 180-acre mixed-use area of development in the Iowa River Landing. Construction has begun with a spring of 2019 anticipated opening.