News and Developments
It’s an exciting time in the Iowa City area, as we gear up for new developments in lodging, dining, shopping, and attractions. See below for a look ahead of what’s is new and coming to the area.
- Hilton Garden Inn: Enjoy the views of downtown Iowa City from the rooftop bar of this 12-story property. Complete with 143 rooms and 3,000 square feet of banquet space, the Hilton Garden Inn opened October 2017.
- Springhill Suites: Expect the unexpected at the Springhill Suites by Marriott. Conveniently located near Coral Ridge Mall, this property features 102 rooms with meeting space for up to 15 people and a full service bar.
- Home2: The first of its kind in the state, this new extended-stay Hilton hotel will feature stylish suites with work space, HDTV, sleep sofa and a fully-equipped kitchen.
- Fairfield Inn & Suites: Opened since spring 2017, the Fairfield Inn has 100 rooms and suites with 300 square feet of meeting space.
- Formerly Sheraton Iowa City, Graduate Iowa City is a boutique hotel reopened June 2018. Inspired by the university’s prestigious creative writing program, the Graduate surrounds visitors in literary history. Works from local author Tim Taranto decorate the walls, while the lobby houses floor-to-ceiling bookcases and reading nooks.
- Hyatt Place Iowa City will be part of Rise at Riverfront Crossings, a 575,000-sq.-ft. mixed-use development located at the corner of Court and Linn Street. Within 151 rooms, it is expected completion is in August 2018 and will be the first development of its kind in downtown Iowa City.
- Coralville Arena: A new 5,100 fixed seat arena and athlete training center is a significant project in Coralville's plan for a 180-acre mixed-use area of development in the Iowa River Landing. Construction has begun with a spring of 2019 anticipated opening.