Air and Car Travel
Eastern Iowa Airport is located just 20 miles north of the Iowa City area. CID serviced over 1.1 million passengers in 2017 and offers 11 non-stop destinations year-round.
Quad City International Airport is located approximately 65 miles to the east of Iowa City in Moline, Illinois. Airlines include American, Allegiant, Delta, and United with 11 nonstop cities and connections beyond.
Iowa City Municipal Airport is the third most active general aviation airports in Iowa. Eighty-four aircraft are based at the airport, which conducts approximately 36,000 flight operations each year.
Several rental car companies offer rentals upon arriving at the airports. Check with the airport for more car rental details. If electric car charging is needed, several stations are available for public use at these locations:
- ACT, 500 ACT Drive
- Billion Auto, 2641 Mormon Trek Blvd
- Carousel Nissan, 817 Highway 1 W
- Coralville Hy-Vee, 1914 8th St
- Iowa River Landing West Parking Ramp, 909 E 2nd Ave
- University of Iowa Facilities Management, 640 S Madison St