Where book festivals are just as cool as music festivals.
From being recognized a UNESCO City of Literature and praised for its exceptional dining experiences, the Iowa City community has made its mark in regional and national news. Here are a few recent features:
- Food with a Focus on Happy, ia Magazine
- 16 Awesome Family Trips You'll Actually Want to Take this Fall, Men's Journal
- Iowa City: A Literary Destination in the Heart of the Midwest, The Local Tourist
- A Fresh Look at Apples from an Eastern Iowa Orchard, Midwest Living Sep/Oct 2018
- Campus Eats: Pullman, Big Ten Network
- Feast for the Senses, AAA Midwest Traveler
- The Education of a Brotelier, The New York Times
- Ten Reasons to Slow Down in Iowa on Your Next Transcontinental Adventure, Food & Wine
- Campus Eats: Jimmy Jack's and Basta, Big Ten Network
- Want to be a Writer? Here are 5 Reasons You Should Move to Iowa City, Livability
- Must-See Destinations Around the World, Expedia
Visit our rankings page to learn more about the area's many achievements and accolades.