Ned Ashton House

Back to Previous
The Ned Ashton House was built in 1947 by Edward L. “Ned” Ashton as a private residence. In October 2011, the City of Iowa City purchased the home through the CDBG Acquisition Program. As part of the requirements for purchasing this home, the City agreed to develop a plan that would preserve the historic nature of the home and help protect it from future flooding. The Ashton House accommodates up to 100 people for meetings, reunions, parties, weddings and receptions.