Submit an Event
Want to make your event visible to a larger audience? You have the chance to submit it to our site here. Please note that the calendar lists events that have broad appeal. Events such as festivals, sporting events, workshops, fairs, live music, visual and performing arts, literary events and the like will all be considered. All submissions will be reviewed by staff members and may be edited to align with our content guidelines before approval.
- Search for the event on our site to confirm it is not already listed on the calendar.
- Events must occur within Johnson County or hosted by a partner organization.
- Events must be open to the public and appeal to both locals and visitors.
- Provide at least one image representing the event. Images should be cropped to a 3:2 ratio (e.g. 6" wide x 4" tall) - if the image is a different ratio, it may be cropped in an undesired way. Flyers and text-heavy images are not ideal - please use images of people whenever possible.
- Select all event categories that apply.
Once your event is submitted, it will be reviewed to ensure it meets the above guidelines prior to being published. Think Iowa City staff reviews submissions and reserves the right to approve or deny events at its own discretion. Please allow up to one week for your event to be reviewed and to appear on the website if approved.