Visitor Services Assistant
Part-Time: Tuesday and Thursdays, 9:00 am to 5:00 pm. May be flexible.
Overview: Assist in efforts to service visitors and market the Iowa City/Coralville/North Liberty area. Exceed expectations of visitors, partners, and affiliated organizations by providing accurate and helpful information over phone via email, and at the front desk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide courteous and responsible information to walk-in, mail, email, and phone questions/requests. Be timely in doing so: answer the phone, respond to email requests promptly. Track visitor requests for monthly reports.
- Work with the Servicing & Partnership Departments to maintain all brochure racks with an up-to-date mix of Think Iowa City, partner, local and out-of-area municipality brochures and flyers.
- Keep the storeroom and Visitor Services desk organized.
- Perform data entry tasks in a timely manner.
- Prepare conference room for meetings and manage conference room calendar.
- Attend meeting as requested by Think Iowa City staff.
- Assist the Servicing Department with registration and welcome bags for events.
- Assist Special Events Department with maintaining Think Iowa City event calendar and other relevant event calendars.
- Perform other Servicing Department support duties as requested by the Servicing Manager
- Assist Vice President of Administration with office administrative tasks as necessary
Education and/or Experience:
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently.
- Excellent verbal & communication skills.
- Familiar with business email/web etiquette.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of local and surrounding area.
- Must possess valid driver's license for operating company vehicle.
- Able to perform light lifting of up to 40 lbs.
To apply, please contact Nick Kaeding at 319-337-6592 or email: Nick@ThinkIowaCity.com.